Skip to main content

EVALUATION OF REPORT AND MODULE

EVALUATION OF REPORT AND MODULE:

INITIAL RESEARCH:
Within my initial research of Victoria's Secret, I managed to find a large amount of positives and negatives with the brand that I did not know about prior to this module. I found a lot of faults with Victoria's Secret as a company which some I already knew of which is why I chose to do this company for the module in the first place, however some aspects of the brand that I read on a number of different websites and articles showed me that the brand is even more awful than I had already thought. I managed to get a full overview of the history of Victoria's Secret and how it came about and all started and I found it very interesting that it originally started in order for men to feel comfortable buying lingerie for their significant others. I was surprised to find that the brand is spiralling down hill as they have such a huge amount of the public buy from them, however many individuals are starting to move away from the brand and starting to purchase goods from brands that have better morals.

ONLINE BLOG:
In my online blog, I managed to post a total of 80 posts which in my opinion is very impressive. Each of my posts are important with significant information towards the project that would help me greatly. I found it very useful that all my research was on my computer in one place and was very easy to access and to refer to in my work. I was consistent with my blog and managed to post frequently throughout the module with more information that I had found. In addition, I included the links of the websites in the blog posts so it made it easier for myself to go back to the correct websites to use and reference in my report.

REPORT WRITING AND DRAFTS:
It took a while to find my way of working through my report. As this is the first time I have ever produced a document like this one, it was a bit of a shock to the system in how everything worked. After I worked it out by speaking to my lecturers and reading through the brief and even looking at examples of reports on ISSUU, I managed to fly through the report comfortably and really enjoying what I was producing. I do think that it is not the best report I have read however, this is because I am new at this and it will benefit me in the future. I feel as though my recommendations are something I do feel very passionately about. In regards to body image and eating disorders; it is something I am very interested in and have many emotions towards which is why this had to be one of my recommendations. In addition, the sustainability proposed strategy is also something I feel strongly about, I used to work in H&M and this is how I knew about the H&M Conscious scheme in such detail. This is such a good scheme in my opinion and thought Victoria's Secret could benefit from a marketing strategy such as this one to help save the planet.

REPORT LAYOUT:
I believe that the layout I have created for the report relates to the brand itself very much. This is because I have included the pink colour running through the report the whole way in order to link everything together a and keep reminding the reader that it all ties into one.

OVERALL:
I am very proud of the work I have produced, I feel as if it is of a professional standard and looks very pleasing to the eye. I feel as though I have covered all aspects of the brief and have put together a report successfully. I have created all 6 of the mood boards on the brief and they have been included within my work in the correct order along with all the information needed to go with the mood boards in order for the report to make sense.

IMPROVEMENTS THAT COULD BE MADE IF I WERE TO DO THIS AGAIN:
I feel as though I could have included some more primary research in order to really get some in depth information to make the perfect recommendations for the brand even though I feel like I did this to a certain extent. I also feel as if I could have made some more mood boards within my proposed strategy in order to explain what I am saying and to give it a more visual representation of what points I am making.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FINAL BRAND POSITIONING MAP

Victoria’s Secret’s top competitors as of January 2019 are Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren and Donna Karan New York, and all three just like Victoria’s Secret, work in the Systems Software Industry, which is a type of computer programmer that is used to run a computer’s applications. In addition, as found in some primary research that has been conducted of an Instagram Poll. There are also many other brands that are competitors of Victoria’s Secret. For example, Ann Summers, Boux Avenue, Primark and H&M. There are a large amount of competitors that consumers would lean towards rather than Victoria’s Secret because they are cheaper, better quality and have better ethics/morals and therefore customers have more respect for those brands. Even though Victoria’s Secret is a successful business, alternative brands have many features buyers worship that Victoria’s Secret do not have, resulting in a loss of sales for the company. 

CURRENT SOCIAL MEDIA/INFLUENCER MARKETING/MARKETING MIX MOOD BOARD

This is my current social media/influencer marketing/marketing mix mood board that will be included within my report. Within this report I have included some influencers such as Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner as these are two of the key most famous influencers the brand uses to market the products. Twitter and Instagram are on the mood board as these are the brand's most used social media platforms and the American flag because the place the brand was founded in was San Francisco and it is an overall American brand. The Victoria's Secret Angels are also large influencers of the brand and the fashions shows are a large part of the promotion, the two go together well as a good brand strategy to get the products out in the open. Finally, the interior of the store is on this mood board as it gives the consumers a positive shopping experience which is another strategy to bring in business and also the catalogues etc are another way the brand promotes the products.

BRAND POSITIONING MAP

This is my brand positioning map/first attempt of the one I will be submitting; I may add/change some of the brand around once even more research has been conducted. The points I decided to go for in this brand positioning map is 'HIGH PRICE', 'LOW PRICE', 'HIGH QUALITY' AND 'LOW QUALITY'. I believe these are good points as it shows if the price of the products matches up to the quality and portrays whether you actually get for what you pay for. These brands on the map are all of different levels of quality and price and I have placed them according to where I believe they should go.